Performed by: Frank Gurrmanamana and Frank Malkorda (singers) and Sam Gumgum (didjeridu accompanist).
Recording of a single song series, from the people of the Blyth River near Maningrida, made at a concert performance held in Canberra. The songs concern the actions of spirit beings, the Wangarr. This is the song cycle heard in the Institute film Waiting for Harry.
- 124mm x 142mm x 10mm
- Released 1982
- ISBN 9780855756475
1. Dalwurra, Black Bitten; three verses
2. Wurragulama, Green Turtle; four verses
3. Marrawal, Sprit Man; two verses
4. Balidja/Wodbarridja, Small Tuber; three verses
5. Djurdi-djurda, Small Bird; two verses
6. Djodja, Red-cheeked Marsupial Mouse; four verses
7. Galauwun, Silver-crowned Friar-bird; two verses
8. Wang-gurra, Brindled Bandicoot; one verse
9. Wama-dubun, Wild Honey (Sugar Bag) and Hollow Log; five verses
10. Anmurnabama, King Brown Snake; three verses
11. Ngalilag, White Cockatoo; four verses
12. Maralgarra, Crow; six verses
13. Djurrei, Eel; five verses
Use this popup to embed a mailing list sign up form. Alternatively use it as a simple call to action with a link to a product or a page.