Songs of Australia Fund
98% of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander song traditions are thought lost as a result of the ongoing impacts of colonisation.
When songs go quiet, a lot more than words are lost...
Contained in the songs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples is the knowledge of this land transmitted through thousands of generations.
Knowledge we ALL vitally need.
With your support the AIATSIS Foundation is raising $2m to support Indigenous communities record song traditions in 16 regions across Australia. These funds will support:
- Recordings of song traditions never recorded before and at risk of loss
- Development of local skills and opportunities in media and knowledge management
- Provide specialist research and technical support
- Employment opportunities on Country
- Growing the AIATSIS Collection
All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
‘Elders Rosie Mulligan, Madeleine Yamera and Jeannie Warbie performing the Marlaloo songline.'
To learn more about Songs of Australia and other donation opportunities, visit the AIATSIS website.